Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Trying to delete existing unwanted horizontal page breaks

When formatting a report with varying row heights and row pairs, the existing
(system-created page breaks are often in the wrong location. I have tried
several other methods such as listed on this group to delete all or to delete
individual page breaks, to no avail, such as:

ActiveSheet.ResetAllPageBreaks '/ TURNS ON BAD VERT PAGE BREAKS !!!!
ActiveSheet.DisplayPageBreaks = False '/ system breaks ????
ActiveSheet.DisplayAutomaticPageBreaks = False '/ system breaks ????

Which either do nothing or turn on undesirable vertical breaks messing up a
landscape-formatted spreadsheet. I seem to have no trouble inserting
additional page breaks with:

ActiveSheet.HPageBreaks.Add Befo=ActiveSheet.Cells(Irr_rows, 1)
and send the location where I have set them to the immediate window.

and can count the total number and detect where they occur with

tbreaks = ActiveSheet.HPageBreaks.Count '/ get current page break total
this sheet

and then have to go back and manually delete the unwanted breaks.

Is there ANY WAY to delete individual or all existing horizontal page breaks,
and is there any software difference between a system-inserted or a
manually-inserted page break?

John Strickland

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is no way to remove automatic pagebreaks; only manual page
breaks can be removed. You can force the relocation of automatic
page breaks by inserting or removing manual pagebreaks.

Try going into page break preview and inserting/removing/dragging pagebreaks
to see how the automatic pagebreaks react.
Note that changing the fit to pages wide/tall settings will also cause pagebreaks
to relocate.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA