Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default UDF returns #VALUE! when regional language setting not English!?

I have an automation add-in which works fine on my UK English configuration.
If I change the regional language settings in the control panel to Danish the
UDF fails and returns #VALUE!.

I have simplified this problem down to the point where the UDF is simply
returning a string so the problem cannot (I think) be in the UDF processing.

I am somewhat stumped as to where to go to resolve this problem.

Any thoughts?

Configuration is Excel 2007 on Vista x64
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What's the code of your UDF and how exactly do you call it? With what values?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Andrew Wiles" wrote in message ...
|I have an automation add-in which works fine on my UK English configuration.
| If I change the regional language settings in the control panel to Danish the
| UDF fails and returns #VALUE!.
|
| I have simplified this problem down to the point where the UDF is simply
| returning a string so the problem cannot (I think) be in the UDF processing.
|
| I am somewhat stumped as to where to go to resolve this problem.
|
| Any thoughts?
|
| Configuration is Excel 2007 on Vista x64

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nick

The important bits of the simplified code is as crude as follows. I removed
pretty much everything during my attempts to isolate the problem.

using Extensibility;

[ClassInterface(ClassInterfaceType.AutoDual)]
public class I4XLFunctionLibrary : Extensibility.IDTExtensibility2
{

public object I4XLQueryValue(string queryRef)
{
m_excelApp.Volatile(Type.Missing);
return "ABC";
}

I'm don't think that it will mak a dfference but the add-in is registered by
adding a Key to the registry under
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins and providing values for
Description, FriendlyName and importantly LoadBehavior=3