Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default launch excel, auto-open second excel file

I launch a fresh instance of Excel, which opens fine. And then it
automatically launches another xls file
(C:\ExistingFolder\PreExistingFile.xls)

How does it do this? Or how would we program this?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Another file" means what? Two files open?

How do you launch the fresh instance of Excel?

By shortcut? Check the shortcut properties.................maybe the shortcut
points to a workspace file with two workbooks?

If by double-click on a file to open maybe that file has code in it?

Workbook_Open in Thisworkbook module or Auto_Open in a general module.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Workbooks.Open "C:\Existing Folder\PreExistingFile.xls"
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 13:53:01 -0800, pacificwaters
wrote:

I launch a fresh instance of Excel, which opens fine. And then it
automatically launches another xls file
(C:\ExistingFolder\PreExistingFile.xls)

How does it do this? Or how would we program this?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

it's not a shortcut. i did look into the vba macro, but no code was there.
i'm only able to generate this delinquency on one computer out of our whole
network. so i think it's the MSI that was installed on this machine from when
the macro was programmed. anyways, thanks.