Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
pacificwaters pacificwaters is offline

Default launch excel, auto-open second excel file

it's not a shortcut. i did look into the vba macro, but no code was there.
i'm only able to generate this delinquency on one computer out of our whole
network. so i think it's the MSI that was installed on this machine from when
the macro was programmed. anyways, thanks.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

"Another file" means what? Two files open?

How do you launch the fresh instance of Excel?

By shortcut? Check the shortcut properties.................maybe the shortcut
points to a workspace file with two workbooks?

If by double-click on a file to open maybe that file has code in it?

Workbook_Open in Thisworkbook module or Auto_Open in a general module.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Workbooks.Open "C:\Existing Folder\PreExistingFile.xls"
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 13:53:01 -0800, pacificwaters
wrote:

I launch a fresh instance of Excel, which opens fine. And then it
automatically launches another xls file
(C:\ExistingFolder\PreExistingFile.xls)

How does it do this? Or how would we program this?

Thanks.