Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Avoid displayalert message while opening file

I am opening a file containing links to other data source, when i open file
it always ask for Update links. It flashes a message on the screen, to avoid
flashing on the screen or to Update links by default I tried to use command
"application.displayalert = False".

Eventhough this command is given it continues to flash the message. Can
anyone help me out to avoid this message repeating everytime opening the file.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Vijay

Change the Links Startup Prompt:

Within the workbook click on Edit | Links | Startup Prompt
and make your choice.

Trevor

"Vijay Kotian" wrote:

I am opening a file containing links to other data source, when i open file
it always ask for Update links. It flashes a message on the screen, to avoid
flashing on the screen or to Update links by default I tried to use command
"application.displayalert = False".

Eventhough this command is given it continues to flash the message. Can
anyone help me out to avoid this message repeating everytime opening the file.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Shawn

You could try adding this into the Workbook module;

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Me.UpdateLinks = xlUpdateLinksAlways
End Sub

OR

Create an Auto Open procedure in a standard module:
(this will run automatically when the workbook is opened)

Sub Auto_Open()
ActiveWorkbook.UpdateLinks = xlUpdateLinksAlways
End Sub

HTH
Trevor

"Shawn" wrote:

Is there a way to put this in the macro code where the person on the other
end trying to open up a workbook that I have generated via macro will not
have to set up their excel for this?