Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default 2007 cannot enable macros?

I have a file that I have saved as a .xlsm file in 2007 that has several
macros. When I open the file I get the following message.
"This file contains encrypted macros that have been disable because there is
no antivirus software instaled that can scan them. To run these macros,
remove the encryption or permission restrictions on the file."

How do I remove encryption? Why can I not run macros in a macro enabled
workbook? My excel settings enable macros...

Thanks for your help in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This may help:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/password2007.htm

--
Jim
"John" wrote in message
|I have a file that I have saved as a .xlsm file in 2007 that has several
| macros. When I open the file I get the following message.
| "This file contains encrypted macros that have been disable because there
is
| no antivirus software instaled that can scan them. To run these macros,
| remove the encryption or permission restrictions on the file."
|
| How do I remove encryption? Why can I not run macros in a macro enabled
| workbook? My excel settings enable macros...
|
| Thanks for your help in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

is it me or does that seem funny I don't have an option to enable macros with
a password protected WB! anyway, thanks for the help

"John" wrote in message
|I have a file that I have saved as a .xlsm file in 2007 that has several
| macros. When I open the file I get the following message.
| "This file contains encrypted macros that have been disable because there
is
| no antivirus software instaled that can scan them. To run these macros,
| remove the encryption or permission restrictions on the file."
|
| How do I remove encryption? Why can I not run macros in a macro enabled
| workbook? My excel settings enable macros...
|
| Thanks for your help in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm sure the lawyers were involved in this design.

--
Jim
"John" wrote in message
| is it me or does that seem funny I don't have an option to enable macros
with
| a password protected WB! anyway, thanks for the help
|
| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| This may help:
|
| http://www.rondebruin.nl/password2007.htm
|
| --
| Jim
| "John" wrote in message
| |I have a file that I have saved as a .xlsm file in 2007 that has
several
| | macros. When I open the file I get the following message.
| | "This file contains encrypted macros that have been disable because
there
| is
| | no antivirus software instaled that can scan them. To run these
macros,
| | remove the encryption or permission restrictions on the file."
| |
| | How do I remove encryption? Why can I not run macros in a macro
enabled
| | workbook? My excel settings enable macros...
| |
| | Thanks for your help in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I my case, I do have current and active antivirus software running. But the
issue is the same as described.

The reg edit solution provided does solve this issue for computer still
using XP and Older versions of Antivirus ( Symantec 10.5 Client Security)
since upgrading the corporate Antivirus solution is not an option in the
short term.

Running the same Wookbook on a newer computer (Vista w/Vista compatible
Symantec Antivirus) this is not an issue.