Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Unable to access any Programming capability

I am using Excel 2007, and have previously written, and used. several
macro's on this machine. Recently, however, the 'Visual Basic', 'Record
Macro' etc icons have been grayed out, and I am unable to access the
"programmin" portion of Excel.

I have searched the machine and there is no Personal.xls(b) files on it at
all, I have uninstalled and re-installed Excel, but the problem is still
there...

Any idea's ??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Jan 23, 2:50 am, "Redbreva" wrote:
I am using Excel 2007, and have previously written, and used. several
macro's on this machine. Recently, however, the 'Visual Basic', 'Record
Macro' etc icons have been grayed out, and I am unable to access the
"programmin" portion of Excel.

I have searched the machine and there is no Personal.xls(b) files on it at
all, I have uninstalled and re-installed Excel, but the problem is still
there...

Any idea's ??

I lost my Personal Workbook (Excel 2003). Ron De Bruin was kind
enough to send me the solution. He also included the fix for 2007.
Thread below:

SteveM

For Excel 2007 users

Office buttonExcel Options..Add-ins
In the "Manage:" dropdown (bottom of the dialog)
Choose "Disabled Items
Go

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"SteveM" wrote in message news:
I posted the question below and received the solution from Ron de
Bruin. This is an FYI in case anybody else experiences the same
problem. I did not know the Disabled log was available and also found
a couple of Add-In DLL's that I had "lost." So great piece of info.

SteveM

Q: I lost My Personal Macro Workbook. It is not open for Macro
recording.

Does anyone know where it may be? How to get it back?

A: On the Help menu click on About Microsoft Excel

The see if it is listed in Disabled items

Regards Ron de Bruinhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm