Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SQL and Excel problem

I am trying to connect to an SQL database that is online, (SQL Server of
course) but for some reason I am getting an error within my connection
string. I basically want to create a Macro that will allow users to download
data from the SQL database into certain fields within the Excel spreadsheet,
the code that I have so far is below:

Sub SPICEdownload_indexvalue()
'On Error GoTo datapullerr
Dim wk As Workbook
Dim data As Worksheet, para As Worksheet
Dim Sql$
Set wk = ThisWorkbook
Set data = wk.Sheets("S&P 500 PKA NET TR 15%")

Dim wrkodbc As Workspace
Dim db As DAO.Database
Dim rs As DAO.Recordset
Dim r As Range
'Dim ts As String

Set wrkodbc = CreateWorkspace("NewODBCWorkspace", _
"admin", "", dbUseODBC)
Set db = wrkodbc.OpenDatabase("Spice", , ,
"ODBC;DSN=SPICE;UID=UserID;pwd=Password;SERVER=Ser ver;")
ts = ""
'i = 3
'While Trim(data.Cells(i, 1)) < ""
'ts = ts & IIf(ts < "", "or ", "") & "(Index_id = " &
Trim(data.Cells(i, 1)) & " and index_date='" & _
'Format(Trim(data.Cells(i, 2)), "dd-MMM-yyyy") & "') "

'i = i + 1
'Wend

Sql = "SELECT S&P_500_PKA Ethical, S&P_500_PKA_Ethica_Indx_Div WHERE order
by index_id"
Set rs = db.OpenRecordset(Sql, dbOpenSnapshot)

i = 3
While Trim(data.Cells(i, 1)) < ""

data.Range("A" & i & ":C" & i) = Array(rs!index_id, rs!index_dividend,
rs!close_index_dividend)
rs.MoveNext
i = i + 1
Wend
rs.Close
db.Close

Set sb = Nothing
Set rs = Nothing
End Sub

So if anyone can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated,
I'm thinking maybe it is something with my Syntax, regardless when I debug
it, it says there is something wrong with my connection string, tell me what
you think