Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Find Cell with Value and get Value of Cell Below it

I need to find the word "Tackles" in Column E and then have the value
of the cell below it inserted into B15 on another sheet. This seems
like it would be simple...but for some reason cant do it, lol. Any
Help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

this may give you an idea:

Option Explicit

Sub find_it()
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim ws1 As Worksheet
Dim rng As Range
Dim rngfound As Range
Set ws = Worksheets("Sheet1")
Set ws1 = Worksheets("sheet2")
Set rng = ws.Columns(5)

With rng
Set rngfound = .Find("tackles", LookIn:=xlValues)
If Not rngfound Is Nothing Then
ws1.Range("B15").Value = rngfound.Offset(1)
End If
End With

Gary Keramidas

"CribbsStyle" wrote in message
I need to find the word "Tackles" in Column E and then have the value
of the cell below it inserted into B15 on another sheet. This seems
like it would be simple...but for some reason cant do it, lol. Any
Help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Name the cells with data in column E.
I used the name "LookupRange"
Place this formula in cell B15...

=INDEX(LookupRange,MATCH("Tackles",LookupRange,0)+ 1,1)
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"CribbsStyle"
wrote in message
I need to find the word "Tackles" in Column E and then have the value
of the cell below it inserted into B15 on another sheet. This seems
like it would be simple...but for some reason cant do it, lol. Any
Help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

San Francisco, USAhttp://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware

wrote in message
I need to find the word "Tackles" in Column E and then have the value
of the cell below it inserted into B15 on another sheet. This seems
like it would be simple...but for some reason cant do it, lol. Any
Help?

Perfect! Thank You Very Much!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One question, lets Say I have "Tackles" in D7, D14 and D21. Is their
anyway to refer to the second instance?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See the response from Gary Keramidas.
Add a "FindNext" and exit on the second successful find.
The "Find" example in help will help.