Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc, microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional formatting

Hi,

I have a small problem. I am trying to do a trend condition where for
example:

I have 12 numbers in a row.

3,4,5,5,5,5,6,3,4,7,2,3

I need any one number to go RED or GREEN depending on if it is less
than or greater than the preceeding number. That is the easy part.
Then I need the number to turn AMBER if it is equal to the one
preceeding it, again easy. The problem now is that if I have three
AMBERs in succession and the fourth is also equal to the preceeding
three I need them all to go RED. I can get the 4th number RED but
because the first number (of the four) is either RED (less than) or
GREEN (more than) it does not accept it as being equal to any of the
other AMBERs.

How do I get all 4 equal numbers in succession to change their colour
to RED?

Thank you
John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

As the numbers will all be red, green or amber, pick a default colour, the
choice is immaterial to the solution, and set them all to that colour. Then
you just set the other 3 conditions.

--
---
HTH