Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Forcing Move seelction to the right

I have a XL 2002 spreadsheet that is a form of sort where data is input. I
have the non-data areas protected and the data entry areas are all such that
if the cursor keeps moving to the right the data entry flow works out great.

In effect I want to change the users options under TOOLS|Options|Edit
checkbox for Move Selection after ENTER to RIGHT. I was hoping that just
changing this on my computer would casue it to be embedded as part of the
spreadsheet but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Either a solution for this or another way to index would be appreciated.

--
Ray Tweedale
All-around-nice-guy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The move after return option is stored as an Excel option not workbook
specific, so you need to set this condition up as you open the workbook.
You might consider storing the current settings before changing them so you
can reset them as you close or deactivate the workbook.

With Application
.MoveAfterReturn = True
.MoveAfterReturnDirection = xlRight
End With

Nigel

"Tweedy" wrote in message
I have a XL 2002 spreadsheet that is a form of sort where data is input. I
have the non-data areas protected and the data entry areas are all such
that
if the cursor keeps moving to the right the data entry flow works out
great.

In effect I want to change the users options under TOOLS|Options|Edit
checkbox for Move Selection after ENTER to RIGHT. I was hoping that just
changing this on my computer would casue it to be embedded as part of the
spreadsheet but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Either a solution for this or another way to index would be appreciated.

--
Ray Tweedale
All-around-nice-guy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Application.MoveAfterReturnDirection = xlToRight
In declarations for worksheet to effect that worksheet or

in ThisWorkbook

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.MoveAfterReturnDirection = xlToRight
End Sub

"Tweedy" wrote in message
I have a XL 2002 spreadsheet that is a form of sort where data is input. I
have the non-data areas protected and the data entry areas are all such
that
if the cursor keeps moving to the right the data entry flow works out
great.

In effect I want to change the users options under TOOLS|Options|Edit
checkbox for Move Selection after ENTER to RIGHT. I was hoping that just
changing this on my computer would casue it to be embedded as part of the
spreadsheet but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Either a solution for this or another way to index would be appreciated.

--
Ray Tweedale
All-around-nice-guy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nigel,

Can you offer code for grabbing current value of the option? I assume I
would put ti in Workbook_BeforeClose()

--
Ray Tweedale
All-around-nice-guy