Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How I can get color (RGB value) from .ThemeColor + .TintAndShade?

Hello,
I want to create a form with button. The button must be coloured in one from
color theme Excel_2007.
I can get base color theme (10 color: XlThemeColor):

Dim Color (1 To 10) As Integer
Dim Scheme As ThemeColorScheme
Set Scheme = ActiveWorkbook.Theme.ThemeColorScheme
For Color = 1 To 10
X(Color) = Scheme(Color).RGB
Next
Set Scheme= Nothing
'and
MyForm.MyButton.BackColor=X(3) '(for example)

X -array that have 10 color active theme.

But I need to define more colors in palette (50 derivative of base colors).
If I deal with cell that I can use:

Range("A1").Select
With Selection.Interior
.ThemeColor=xlThemeColorAccent1 '(for example)
.TintAndShade = 0.8 '(take on a value from 1 to -1). We to define
any from derivative of base colors
End With

But Button have not ".TintAndShade" property! May be if I know X and
TintAndShade value, can I to calculate result color?

P.S. I can be coloured cells in 60 color. Then I can to recognize RGB for
each cell and give it to button. But it not correctly way.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tony Jollans has written an article about this he
http://www.wordarticles.com/Articles/Colours/2007.htm

Unfortunately this article stops just shy of paydirt (the article is still
being edited). I read another pair of articles Tony wrote which actually
bring this to conclusion, but I can't find them. The links I have are he
http://proofficedev.com/blog/2007/08...d-2007-part-1/
http://proofficedev.com/blog/2007/10...d-2007-part-2/

but when I follow them, all I get are php errors. I notified the webmaster,
so hopefully these will be up again soon.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions