Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default themecolor, colorindex, color picker

I am using 2007. I teach and had used an example that had been evolved and
modified from a Step by Step lesson by Jacobson. In the lesson, students
explored the colorindex and used the color picker to see how VB modified the
palette. Things have changed. I am aware that properties such as the
colorindex still exist for the interior of the cell but I don't see how to
record a macro that would reveal these aspects to students. I imagined that I
could again modify my lesson and let students see what is going on with
themecolors in much the same way. However, the macro recorder in excel does
not actually reveal properties like themecolor. When I modify a themecolor,
the recorder only reveals a load method of a theme color scheme.
I want to be able to record a macro while changing a color scheme and then
be able to go in a modify aspects of the macro to programmaticly change the
color. I want the background macro to reveal most of what is going on. I want
to be able to leverage a minimum knowledge of procedural VB with displays of
object oriented VB generated by recording macros.