Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Add code on the fly to existing userforms

I know I can create a new userform with new controls and new code for the
controls on the fly using VB. I have also added controls to an existing
userform but I am having trouble adding code for the controls. The name of
my userform is frmGSN and Code is a string of code. I am trying the
following code but it doesn't recognize the .CodeModule

With frmGSN.CodeModule
.InsertLines .CountOfLines + 1, Code
End With

Please help. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here is an example

Sub MakeForm()
Dim TempForm As Object
Dim FormName As String
Dim NewButton As Msforms.CommandButton
Dim TextLocation As Long
'
' Create the UserForm
Set TempForm = ThisWorkbook.VBProject. _
VBComponents.Add(3) 'vbext_ct_MSForm
FormName = TempForm.Name
With TempForm
.Properties("Caption") = "Temporary Form"
.Properties("Width") = 200
.Properties("Height") = 100
End With
'
' Add a CommandButton
Set NewButton = TempForm.Designer.Controls _
.Add("forms.CommandButton.1")
With NewButton
.Caption = "Click Me"
.Left = 60
.Top = 40
End With
'
' Add an event-hander sub for the CommandButton
With TempForm.CodeModule
TextLocation = .CreateEventProc("Click", "CommandButton1")
.InsertLines TextLocation + 1, "MsgBox ""Hello!"""
.InsertLines TextLocation + 2, "Unload Me"
End With
'
' Show the form
VBA.UserForms.Add(FormName).Show
'
' Delete the form
ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents.Remove VBComponent:=TempForm

---
HTH

Bob

"pan65" wrote in message
I know I can create a new userform with new controls and new code for the
controls on the fly using VB. I have also added controls to an existing
userform but I am having trouble adding code for the controls. The name
of
my userform is frmGSN and Code is a string of code. I am trying the
following code but it doesn't recognize the .CodeModule

With frmGSN.CodeModule
.InsertLines .CountOfLines + 1, Code
End With

Please help. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Another option would be to create the userform with those controls on it--and
the code behind those controls, too.

Then just hide/show the controls you want hidden/shown.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am gathering from your response and from Bob's response, that I just need
to start with a new userform.

Thanks for the help, it is much appreciated.

pan65 wrote:

I know I can create a new userform with new controls and new code for the
controls on the fly using VB. I have also added controls to an existing
userform but I am having trouble adding code for the controls. The name of
my userform is frmGSN and Code is a string of code. I am trying the
following code but it doesn't recognize the .CodeModule

With frmGSN.CodeModule
.InsertLines .CountOfLines + 1, Code
End With

Please help. Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob created a new userform, but you could use an existing one.

I suggested that you create the extra controls while you're still designing the
form--not at run time.

pan65 wrote:

I know I can create a new userform with new controls and new code for the
controls on the fly using VB. I have also added controls to an existing
userform but I am having trouble adding code for the controls. The name of
my userform is frmGSN and Code is a string of code. I am trying the
following code but it doesn't recognize the .CodeModule

With frmGSN.CodeModule
.InsertLines .CountOfLines + 1, Code
End With

Please help. Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

But it's out of context.

Add in the subject and the last couple of sentences and it looks like the OP,
well, you know what I think <bg.

This seems explicit to me ...