Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need help with userform vb code, any help would be appreciated.

Hi.

I have designed a rather simple userform using the VB editor which
uses a few text boxes and select boxes to collect data into the
spreadsheet.

But due to my extreme basic of knowledge of VB it would probably take
me weeks or months to get it working while anyone that knows enough VB
would do it likely in minutes.
So If you would like to help me with the code, please send me an Email
to (remove XXX because of spam) and I will
send you the userform file for you to look at and the simple
instructions I would like to do with it.
My thanks to all that volunteer.
I am trying to learn and this will be a great opportunity for me how
people use VB in Excel.
Once again thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Joe, The first step is to navigate around on spreadsheet using VB. Have you
reached that point yet? YOu can always record a macro and look at the script
the macro generates. For example, if you are in a particular cell, and you
want to move over one, you would say selection.offset(1,0).

If you then wanted to read the value of the new cell and assign it to a
variable, you would say myVariable = current.selection.value

Then, if you wanted to put that value into a form text box, you would say
txtInfo.value = myVariable

Those 3 steps are the major part required for what you want to do. Once you
get them down, it is just a matter of repitition to repeat it for all the
text boxes on your form. Also some logic to control any further processing,
verification and calculations. The form can actually have calculations,
instead of the spreadsheet and write updated the results back to the
spreadsheets.

Hope this helps.

Thea

" wrote:

Hi.

I have designed a rather simple userform using the VB editor which
uses a few text boxes and select boxes to collect data into the
spreadsheet.

But due to my extreme basic of knowledge of VB it would probably take
me weeks or months to get it working while anyone that knows enough VB
would do it likely in minutes.
So If you would like to help me with the code, please send me an Email
to (remove XXX because of spam) and I will
send you the userform file for you to look at and the simple
instructions I would like to do with it.
My thanks to all that volunteer.
I am trying to learn and this will be a great opportunity for me how
people use VB in Excel.
Once again thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the help.