Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default XML and DOMDocument

I'm a reasonably experienced programmer, but not with VBA.
I have a copy of a workbook which downloads some information from a website.
In the VBA code, there are references to DOMDocument ... e.g.

Dim oDom as New DOMDocument

However, when I try the same thing myself in a new spreadsheet, I get an
error indicating that DOMDocument is undefined. I presume that the original
spreadsheet automatically loads a library of some sort but I can't find any
other reference to it (a library).

So, the questions, with which I'd very much appreciate some help, are ...

Is there a library being loaded?
What library would it be?
Where should I be looking in the original spreadsheet to find the statements
that cause the loading?
What should I be putting in my own new workbook so that I can use
DOMDocument (and where should it go).

Cheers,

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Dec 27, 8:11 am, "Diamond, Mark" wrote:
[...]

Hi Mark.

You must set a reference to Microsoft XML, v6.0.

To set references in VBA goto tool, references, and then select the
reference from the available references.

-Rob