Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default combobox data doesn't take affect right away

On a userform, a combobox with choices 1 through 10. I have the control
source set to sheet1!A10, but in the field A10, nothing happens until I leave
the focus from the combobox. So I have to click on some other control, or
close the form. I need my chooice from the combobox to take affect
immiedately, because it affects others controls on the form. Can this be
done?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can use the combobox change event:

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
Worksheets("sheet1").Range("a10") = Me.ComboBox1.Value
End Sub

hth

Carlo

On Dec 21, 1:57*pm, Charlie wrote:
On a userform, a combobox with choices 1 through 10. *I have the control
source set to sheet1!A10, but in the field A10, nothing happens until I leave
the focus from the combobox. *So I have to click on some other control, or
close the form. *I need my chooice from the combobox to take affect
immiedately, because it affects others controls on the form. *Can this be
done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do I just put this private sub on a seperate module? Do I call this sub from
the form or the combobox1 to make it work? Or do I replace the control
source of this combobox with something?
Thanks.

"carlo" wrote:

You can use the combobox change event:

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
Worksheets("sheet1").Range("a10") = Me.ComboBox1.Value
End Sub

hth

Carlo

On Dec 21, 1:57 pm, Charlie wrote:
On a userform, a combobox with choices 1 through 10. I have the control
source set to sheet1!A10, but in the field A10, nothing happens until I leave
the focus from the combobox. So I have to click on some other control, or
close the form. I need my chooice from the combobox to take affect
immiedately, because it affects others controls on the form. Can this be
done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry didn't make myself clear.

In the vb-editor, double click on your combobox, that should open the
code of your userform, and following lines should be displayed now:

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()

End Sub

Although ComboBox1 could be slightly different depending on the name
you gave your ComboBox.

between those lines you can now enter this:
Worksheets("sheet1").Range("a10") = Me.ComboBox1.Value

Don't forget to adjust the names of the sheet and the range and the
combobox1 otherwise it won't work.

hope that was a little clearer

Carlo

"carlo" wrote:
You can use the combobox change event:

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
* * Worksheets("sheet1").Range("a10") = Me.ComboBox1.Value
End Sub

hth

Carlo

On Dec 21, 1:57 pm, Charlie wrote:
On a userform, a combobox with choices 1 through 10. *I have the control
source set to sheet1!A10, but in the field A10, nothing happens until I leave
the focus from the combobox. *So I have to click on some other control, or
close the form. *I need my chooice from the combobox to take affect
immiedately, because it affects others controls on the form. *Can this be
done?- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You're welcome

if you have any other question, just ask.
It takes a while until you get you're head around stuff like that.
There are some good tutorials on the web, that you might want to check
out.

Cheers Carlo

"carlo" wrote:
You can use the combobox change event:

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
* * Worksheets("sheet1").Range("a10") = Me.ComboBox1.Value
End Sub

hth

Carlo

On Dec 21, 1:57 pm, Charlie wrote:
On a userform, a combobox with choices 1 through 10. *I have the control
source set to sheet1!A10, but in the field A10, nothing happens until I leave
the focus from the combobox. *So I have to click on some other control, or
close the form. *I need my chooice from the combobox to take affect
immiedately, because it affects others controls on the form. *Can this be
done?- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

....There are some good tutorials on the web, that you might want to check
out.
....any in particular you'd recomend?
thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Charlie

try to enter "excel userform tutorial" in google.
The first page will get you at least 8 good tutorials.

hth

Carlo