Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba

Default Emailing Activesheet As Body of Email

I want to be able to send the contents of a Excel range in an Email. I do
not want to send it as an attachment, I want it in the body of an Email.

The Excel page contains a logo graphic which is the problem using all the
methods on Ron de Bruin's page, as I understand them.

I cannot see to find a way to send the page and logo (without using the
Activesheet.MailEnvelope).

Can anyone suggest a method of sending an Excel range in an Email, including
any graphics on the sheet.

PWS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba

Hi Paul

Activesheet.MailEnvelope is the only good way on this moment
I am working on a CDO way but this one is not ready yet

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Paul W Smith" wrote in message ...
I want to be able to send the contents of a Excel range in an Email. I do
not want to send it as an attachment, I want it in the body of an Email.

The Excel page contains a logo graphic which is the problem using all the
methods on Ron de Bruin's page, as I understand them.

I cannot see to find a way to send the page and logo (without using the
Activesheet.MailEnvelope).

Can anyone suggest a method of sending an Excel range in an Email, including
any graphics on the sheet.

PWS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba

Thanks Ron for the update.

I am being pressured at work to provide a solution hence my second post, I
was hoping that it therew as a way to include the graphic without using
Activesheet.MailEnvelope, I coud addapt the solution you provided a couple
of days ago.

Obviously as an MVP you have access to Microsoft others do not have, have
you invetsigated the possibility of getting some documentation on the
MailEnvelope. It seems to strange to me that you can set the .subject and
..Recipients properties, but apparently not any form of From or ReplyTo
property.

I have Microsoft Premier support at my company, but if you have already
investigated this I will not waste their time further.

PWS

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message
Hi Paul

Activesheet.MailEnvelope is the only good way on this moment
I am working on a CDO way but this one is not ready yet

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Paul W Smith" wrote in message
I want to be able to send the contents of a Excel range in an Email. I do
not want to send it as an attachment, I want it in the body of an Email.

The Excel page contains a logo graphic which is the problem using all the
methods on Ron de Bruin's page, as I understand them.

I cannot see to find a way to send the page and logo (without using the
Activesheet.MailEnvelope).

Can anyone suggest a method of sending an Excel range in an Email,
including any graphics on the sheet.

PWS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba

Hi Paul

They also hide this option in Excel 2007.

I not like the MailEnvelope code because it will use the Excel screen and
you must have Outlook setup as your default account.
I always have OE as default.

Drop me a mail private so I can send you a mail when the CDO code
when it is working correct. I will work on it next week.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba

ActiveSheet.MailEnvelope.Item returns an Outlook.MailItem that works just like any other: Reply recipients are set through the ReplyRecipients collection. There is no direct way to set the sender, although providing a value to the SentOnBehalfOfName property will work in some scenaros.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba

Yes, as I said, you need to return ActiveSheet.MailEnvelope.Item, which is a MailItem, and then work with its ReplyRecipients collection, just as you would its Recipients. Use the Add method.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming, microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
PWS PWS is offline

On Dec 16, 3:48 pm, "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]"
wrote:

Yes, as I said, you need to return ActiveSheet.MailEnvelope.Item, which is a MailItem, and
then work with its ReplyRecipients collection, just as you would its Recipients. Use the Add method.

Thanks Sue, I have the code functioning as I require, treating
ActiveSheet.MailEnvelope.Item as a MailItem allowed me to set both the
ReplyTo and SentOnBehalfOf properties.

Thanks again.

PWS
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba

Hi Sue

I will add more info soon on my site about MailEnvelope.

Playing with the CDO CreateMHTMLBody on this moment.
Working great for WebPages online but still have a few problems with local htm files
that I create with the VBA macro and send it.

Do you have experience with it ?

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba

No, I confine my experiments to Outlook and don't do any work with CDO for Windows.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP