Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macros missings

Just went to update a spreadsheet. Selected Tools, Macro. None there.
Checked another spreadsheet and same story. Checked December updates
installed yesterday and no obvious candidates that I could see but most
updates nowadays for my system are security related.

System Windows XP SP2. Excel 2000. AVG 7.5 Freeware. Windows Defender.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Where might a solution lie?

TIA

~~~~

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use Alt + F11 to open the VB editor. On the left of the screen is a small
window titled "Projec-VBA Project". In the window you will see Sheet1,
Sheet2, Sheet3,etc.
also ThisWorkbook. If your macros were put into a standard module you might
also see Module1 listed in the project window. Right click on each of these,
then click view code in the drop down menu. If you have a macro in that
workbook, it will show up in one of those items in the window.

"Gerry" wrote:

Just went to update a spreadsheet. Selected Tools, Macro. None there.
Checked another spreadsheet and same story. Checked December updates
installed yesterday and no obvious candidates that I could see but most
updates nowadays for my system are security related.

System Windows XP SP2. Excel 2000. AVG 7.5 Freeware. Windows Defender.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Where might a solution lie?

TIA

~~~~

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could also have a userform that contains macro code that would not show
in the Macro dialogue box, if it is called with a command button from a menu
bar. You can check it the same way as the worksheets and ThisWorkbook
modules.

"Gerry" wrote:

Just went to update a spreadsheet. Selected Tools, Macro. None there.
Checked another spreadsheet and same story. Checked December updates
installed yesterday and no obvious candidates that I could see but most
updates nowadays for my system are security related.

System Windows XP SP2. Excel 2000. AVG 7.5 Freeware. Windows Defender.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Where might a solution lie?

TIA

~~~~

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your suggestions.

I am still not sure what the problem was but the problem has resolved
itself.

--
Regards.

Gerry