Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel's Refreshable Web Query & Javascript...

Hi,

I am a newcomer both in Excel programming and JSP space.

My puzzle is that what is the correct way, if any, to embed the web
query in Excel, so that the associate Javascript behaviour works
exactly as would be in IE. My web

query gives a table on a page that has links, and if I click the link
browser would typically 'submit the form' [and would bring next
table]. Can I replicate this iteration

via 'form submit' behaviour in Excel embedded web query, by having
javascript work the way exactly it does within IE?

I tried searching on this topic in newsgruops, tries to see how
Javascript is working [taking Source from View Source option of IE],
tried to see if I could embed

Browser ActiveX and few other searches, and tried to see if there is
any way to intercept HTTP request sent by IE when first page form is
'submitted' - but answer

seems away for me.

Any pointers shall be of much use.

Thanks for your time.

- KA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Javascript won't run in Excel, so you'll need to automate IE to do this.
Google for "automate IE".

Or post more details: this type of question has been asked and answered here
quite a few times.

Tim

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tim, I shall make use of your clue for further probe.

Thanks for answer.

- KA

On Dec 11, 12:37 pm, "Tim Williams" <timjwilliams at gmail dot com
wrote:
[...]

- KA- Hide quoted text -