Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Create a Formula

I have a salary amount that I must examine against a salary matrix. The
salary matrix has a lane and step number that allows me to use the index
function. I must examine the matrix and return the lane number needed for
the salary amount to be equal or greater than the given salary. I.E. what
lane would a person have to be placed on to achieve a salary no less than
their current salary. Any help appreciated.
--
James D. Sheehan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tell us how the 'lane' and salary data is arranged?
How is it sorted - salary ascending or descending?
If the lane is after (to the right or below) then we can use VLOOKUP (or
HLOOKUP), otherwise we need to play with INDEX and MATCH
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP