Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
iwl iwl is offline

Default Range("A1").Interior.ColorIndex=xyz does not work

Hello Group,

I try to set Cell Background-Color with
Range("A1").Interior.ColorIndex=xyz
but does not work while I can read out the value
and it is different when I set it with Cell Format
in Excel manualy if I set it from vba it isn't so
red back again
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What do you mean by does not work. Does it throw an error or does it just not
do anything. Since you do not specify a worksheet in the code line are you
sure it is acting on the correct worksheet???

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Interior.ColorInd ex=34
might fix your problem.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson