-   -   Range("A1").Interior.ColorIndex=xyz does not work (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/402401-range-a1-interior-colorindex%3Dxyz-does-not-work.html)

iwl

Range("A1").Interior.ColorIndex=xyz does not work

Hello Group,

I try to set Cell Background-Color with
Range("A1").Interior.ColorIndex=xyz
but does not work while I can read out the value
and it is different when I set it with Cell Format
in Excel manualy if I set it from vba it isn't so
red back again

Jim Thomlinson

Range("A1").Interior.ColorIndex=xyz does not work

What do you mean by does not work. Does it throw an error or does it just not
do anything. Since you do not specify a worksheet in the code line are you
sure it is acting on the correct worksheet???

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Interior.ColorInd ex=34
might fix your problem.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson