Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pause, print preview, resume macro

Does anyone know of to "pause" a macro to allow a user to print preview a
document and make any formatting changes, then resume the macro (without
having to call a new macro). I like the idea of using a msgbox, but users
cannot make changes while a msg box is displayed.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is no effective method to pause a macro. Once you light the fuse either
it executes or it doesn't. By using event programming however I have never
had the need to pause a macro. Perhaps with a better description of what you
want to accomplish we can help you work around your problem...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"ToddEZ" wrote:

Does anyone know of to "pause" a macro to allow a user to print preview a
document and make any formatting changes, then resume the macro (without
having to call a new macro). I like the idea of using a msgbox, but users
cannot make changes while a msg box is displayed.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the response.

I have a macro that populates s a templete from a MSAccess query to create a
notice which I then print to adobe and attach to an email (all via vb of
course). The problem is that I will occasionally have odd page breaks
because the length of the data varies. I was hoping to create the notice,
"pause" the macro, allow the user to tweak any odd page breaks (or add any
manual typed language), then resume the macro to print to pdf and create the
email.

"ToddEZ" wrote:

Does anyone know of to "pause" a macro to allow a user to print preview a
document and make any formatting changes, then resume the macro (without
having to call a new macro). I like the idea of using a msgbox, but users
cannot make changes while a msg box is displayed.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sounds to me like you have a 3 step process.
1. Create the Report
2. Review the report for errors omissions and asthetics
3. Publish the report and E-mail as necessary

Steps 1 and 3 are performed Via VBA and step 2 is preformed by the end
user... My recommendation is to have seperate macros for 1 and 3. At the end
of process one notify the user that "Processing is complete. Please review
prior to publishing". By means of a command button (or other appropriate
means) initiate process 3. If it was me I would set it up such that process 3
could not be initaited without ensureing that the document has been properly
verified (similar to the way you can not install software until you have done
somthing to accept the terms and agreements). If you can publish and email
without being required to look I can promise you that it will at times get
published and distributed without anyone looking.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson