Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default word processing within Excel

I would like to be able to use MS Word functionality within MS Excel. I am
working on sheets that import numerical data from other sources, and I have
to add free format text into a large (merged) cell. And I need to be able to
edit that text. I have managed to do so by making a text box over this large
(merged) cell, using the drawing functionality. Is it possible to start some
MS Word module inside MS Excel instead?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, Word is the Word Processor. I am just looking for a way to do this
within Excel, rather than opening 2 applications.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Word is the WP. Use word and copy and paste it.

--
HTH

Bob

"ad zijl" <ad wrote in message
I would like to be able to use MS Word functionality within MS Excel. I am
working on sheets that import numerical data from other sources, and I
have
to add free format text into a large (merged) cell. And I need to be able
edit that text. I have managed to do so by making a text box over this
large
(merged) cell, using the drawing functionality. Is it possible to start
some
MS Word module inside MS Excel instead?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

While you can embed a spreadsheet inside of a work document the reverse is
not true. You can not embed a Word document inside a spreadsheet...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"ad zijl" <ad wrote in message
I would like to be able to use MS Word functionality within MS Excel. I am
working on sheets that import numerical data from other sources, and I
have
to add free format text into a large (merged) cell. And I need to be able
edit that text. I have managed to do so by making a text box over this
large
(merged) cell, using the drawing functionality. Is it possible to start
some
MS Word module inside MS Excel instead?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Could you design a simple form that has a multi-line text box on it, with
OK and Cancel buttons, then simply transfer the text to and from the merged
cell or text box? You shouldn't need full Word functionality (outlining,
tables, fancy formatting, styles, etc.) inside Excel to simply comment some
data analysis.

If you do need all of the functionality of Word, then maybe you need to
consider reversing the overall architecture of your solution. Use Word to
prepare your reports and embed pieces of Excel worksheets and charts to
illustrate the report. (Or even consider using PowerPoint to make it a
slide presentation!)

Bill Renaud