Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Scattered Cell entries into one Column

What I have is scattered cells entries. Each row has an entry I want in a
specific new column. I am working with 'Excel 2003' and don't know squat
about programing. I have tried filtering and do seem lost at this point to
consolidate all this data in cells to a specific column. Can anyone advise
me on how, step by step?
--
LarryW
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If there is only one numeric entry per row, select the first empty
column on the right and sum across all of the columns to the left.
That will just sum to the lone row value in the new single column.
Then copy the formula down all the data rows. You can copy-paste as
values the new column if you want to decouple the values from the
original data.

SteveM

On Nov 10, 10:50 am, LarryW wrote:
What I have is scattered cells entries. Each row has an entry I want in a
specific new column. I am working with 'Excel 2003' and don't know squat
about programing. I have tried filtering and do seem lost at this point to
consolidate all this data in cells to a specific column. Can anyone advise
me on how, step by step?
--
LarryW

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Larry
This isn't progrmming help, but on the sheet,
if your entries are scattered in cols B-D,
put zzz in col E
and =HLOOKUP("zz",B1:D1,1,TRUE) in col A
D-C Dave

LarryW wrote:
What I have is scattered cells entries. Each row has an entry I want in a
specific new column. I am working with 'Excel 2003' and don't know squat
about programing. I have tried filtering and do seem lost at this point to
consolidate all this data in cells to a specific column. Can anyone advise
me on how, step by step?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

[why put xxx in col E?]
Larry
This isn't progrmming help, but on the sheet,
if your entries are scattered in cols B-D,
put =HLOOKUP("zz",B1:D1,1,TRUE) in col A
D-C Dave