Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default vlook up formula help

Hi All
Can anyone tell how can I correct this formula
=VLOOKUP(""<0,A2:B33,2,TRUE)
All i am trying to do is- I have a column with zero's and i am trying
to find the first cell that has value not equal to zero. ( negative or
positive) . Please tell me if this way is wrong, then suggest me some
other.

Thanks
Shanu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One way with this ARRAY formula that must be entered using ctrl+shift+enter
where you find the first number 0 and look 2 columns to the right
=INDEX(J2:J22,MATCH(MIN(IF(H2:H220,H2:H22)),H2:H2 2))
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

ps.com...