Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JTB JTB is offline

Default Why does ControlSource in Excel return a US-formatted date

When I link a TextBox to a spreadsheet cell that contains a date by
specifying a ControlSource for it, the TextBox displays a US-formatted date.

What's going on?

I've checked every locale and international setting that I can find, and
they are all European.

Is the US date actually hard-coded into the TextBox control?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

JTB

You will find most controls and associated controls in VBA are US-Centric.
You will normally have to format specifically for EU style

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

UK Excel User Conference In Cambridge