Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Date columns are formatted incorrectly on export to excel

Hello, I have date columns (HYYMMDs) when i export to excel from my grid,
excel formats the date columns and the display is different from the exported
data.
How can i stop excel from formatting the columns ?
Any inputs greatly appreciated
Thanks,
Mona
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How is the cell formatted in Excel, what do you get in the export, and what do
you want exported? What is HYYMMDs in a date column?

When we know exactly what you want, it's a lot easier to provide the advice you
are looking for.

One way you can force Excel to maintain formats is to convert your data to text,
as in:

=Text(a1,"yymmdd")

Fred