Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 10.0 Object Library --- which Excel version is it?

Hello,
My app is connecting to Excel using Microsoft Excel 10.0 Object
Library.
It works fine with all latest versions of Excel.
What does it mean Excel 10.0 ?
Which will be the oldest Excel version possible to use with my app?
How can I make it more universal, accepting older Excel versions as well?
Thanks,
Jack

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jack,

Excel 10.0 means Excel 2002 (Office XP). Excel 11.0 = Excel 2003. I
haven't made the leap to 2007 yet, but I'm assuming that it is 12.0

As far as compatibility with older versions, I'm not sure. Maybe someone
else more knowledgeable that me can answer that.

HTH,

Conan

"Jack" <replyto@it wrote in message
Hello,
My app is connecting to Excel using Microsoft Excel 10.0 Object
Library.
It works fine with all latest versions of Excel.
What does it mean Excel 10.0 ?
Which will be the oldest Excel version possible to use with my app?
How can I make it more universal, accepting older Excel versions as well?
Thanks,
Jack

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Depends on what you're doing. I've had an Access application that
uses Word. It was programmed in Office 2003, and used the 11.0
libraries. If the Access VBA code is modified from Access 2007, it
changes the reference from Word 11.0 to Word 12.0 - then when used
back on the 2003 machine, it lists the Word Object Library as
[MISSING].

The general best practice is to use the earliest version you plan to
support for development; this will create fewer headaches when moving
up to more current versions.

On Nov 2, 3:04 pm, "Conan Kelly"
wrote:
Jack,

Excel 10.0 means Excel 2002 (Office XP). Excel 11.0 = Excel 2003. I
haven't made the leap to 2007 yet, but I'm assuming that it is 12.0

As far as compatibility with older versions, I'm not sure. Maybe someone
else more knowledgeable that me can answer that.

HTH,

Conan

"Jack" <replyto@it wrote in message

Hello,
My app is connecting to Excel using Microsoft Excel 10.0 Object
Library.
It works fine with all latest versions of Excel.
What does it mean Excel 10.0 ?
Which will be the oldest Excel version possible to use with my app?
How can I make it more universal, accepting older Excel versions as well?
Thanks,
Jack- Hide quoted text -