Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem with Pivot Table Fields In Field List Not in Source Data

Hello, I typically do not use pivot tables and I have inherited one.
There are two fields, Month, and QTR, that are available in the field
list but they are not fields from the source range? I am assuming
there is a way to create a custom field that is a grouping of
another,
in this case date, however I cannot seem to find it. I checked the
user formulas and there are none. Is there a way to find this?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can group a date field by year, month, quarter, etc., and that will
create additional fields in the field list. There's information he

To rename the fields, you can type over the default name on the field
button, e.g. change Quarters to QTR.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures