Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Toggle buttons, Check boxes

How do I change the value of a linked cell when using toggle button or check
box I am using Excel 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In Design Mode, right-click - Properties

--
Jim
"Randy" wrote in message
| How do I change the value of a linked cell when using toggle button or
check
| box I am using Excel 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've gone through properties and can't seem to change it there either,
although it seems like that is where to make the changes. Am I doing
something wrong?

"Randy" wrote in message
| How do I change the value of a linked cell when using toggle button or
check
| box I am using Excel 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It's "Linked Cell" in the Properties.

--
Jim
"Randy" wrote in message
| I've gone through properties and can't seem to change it there either,
| although it seems like that is where to make the changes. Am I doing
| something wrong?
|
| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| In Design Mode, right-click - Properties
|
| --
| Jim
| "Randy" wrote in message
| | How do I change the value of a linked cell when using toggle button or
| check
| | box I am using Excel 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've got the linked cell, but I can't seem to control the data in the linked
cell. All I can get is a TRUE or a FALSE. I want to be able to dictate what
the linked cell displays when the toggle button is used.

"Randy" wrote in message
| I've gone through properties and can't seem to change it there either,
| although it seems like that is where to make the changes. Am I doing
| something wrong?
|
| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| In Design Mode, right-click - Properties
|
| --
| Jim
| "Randy" wrote in message
| | How do I change the value of a linked cell when using toggle button or
| check
| | box I am using Excel 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What values do you want to see?

True, false, or null, are the only values that make sense to me.

"Randy" wrote in message
| I've gone through properties and can't seem to change it there either,
| although it seems like that is where to make the changes. Am I doing
| something wrong?
|
| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| In Design Mode, right-click - Properties
|
| --
| Jim
| "Randy" wrote in message
| | How do I change the value of a linked cell when using toggle button or
| check
| | box I am using Excel 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Like Dan say, the value of the togglebutton is true or false for pressed or
not pressed. If you want a cell to say something based on this value you'd
have to put it in another cell, like =IF(A1=TRUE,"Toggle Down","Toggle Up")

--
Jim
"Randy" wrote in message
| I've got the linked cell, but I can't seem to control the data in the
linked
| cell. All I can get is a TRUE or a FALSE. I want to be able to dictate
what
| the linked cell displays when the toggle button is used.
|
| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| It's "Linked Cell" in the Properties.
|
| --
| Jim
| "Randy" wrote in message
| | I've gone through properties and can't seem to change it there either,
| | although it seems like that is where to make the changes. Am I doing
| | something wrong?
| |
| | "Jim Rech" wrote:
| |
| | In Design Mode, right-click - Properties
| |
| | --
| | Jim
| | "Randy" wrote in message
| | | How do I change the value of a linked cell when using toggle
button or
| | check
| | | box I am using Excel 2003
| |