Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Validation Lists

Hi , I have a question for you ..... I need to have dynamic Validation Lists
and I have implemented a solution that I found in this forum , using the
option in excel Insert - Name - Define I have defined my lists of values ,
but they are 85 posible lists , do you think that is the best option for
implementing this ? I refer to the managment memory and enhancement.

Thank you in adavance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Selecting the best option depends how your source lists are set up.
There are a few variations on dynamic validation lists he

Maybe one of those would be better in your workbook.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I used the method that is in "http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html" ,
I have dependent lists ..... the problem here is that I had to create 85
lists in my excel file ... the functionality is working fine and even I have
included the functionality for adding items to my lists .... but I want to
know if this way is the best speaking about managment memory or if you
think that I would do it using source code .

Thank you

Angeles wrote:
Hi , I have a question for you ..... I need to have dynamic Validation Lists
and I have implemented a solution that I found in this forum , using the
option in excel Insert - Name - Define I have defined my lists of values ,
but they are 85 posible lists , do you think that is the best option for
implementing this ? I refer to the managment memory and enhancement.

Thank you in adavance.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Without knowing how your workbook is set up, or the size of the lists,
or where the data validation is used, it's difficult to suggest the best
approach.

That's why I suggested that you look at the alternatives. Perhaps one of
those sample files will be similar to your workbook, and provide a more
efficient way to create and maintain the lists.