Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default C++ code

Hello,
as a newbie I may be asking a stupid question already answered;
"how do I call a compiled C++ code that can be called from Excel
VBA ?"
il other words, how can I add a user written C++ coded function as a
referenced code in VBA ? "
Thanks all !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Archie,

Have a look for writing XLLs. There are several references to this subject
on MSDN, such as:

There are also several books on this subject.

I hope this helps,

Sean.

PS this is something I've read up on, but not something I've had much
practice in, so I won't be able to help you much with anything more technical
than this on this subject, sorry.
--
(please remember to click yes if replies you receive are helpful to you)

"Archie Duke" wrote:

Hello,
as a newbie I may be asking a stupid question already answered;
"how do I call a compiled C++ code that can be called from Excel
VBA ?"
il other words, how can I add a user written C++ coded function as a
referenced code in VBA ? "
Thanks all !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

on MSDN, such as:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/178474

"Archie Duke" wrote:
Hello,
as a newbie I may be asking a stupid question already answered;
"how do I call a compiled C++ code that can be called from Excel
VBA ?"
il other words, how can I add a user written C++ coded function as a
referenced code in VBA ? "
Thanks all !

Hi Sean,

many thanks. However what it leads to is :
* I have to go back to Excel 97
* I have to get MS' Developers' Kit in 97
I reckon my own researches have not led any further .

Thanks, it helps anyway.
Arch

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you are looking for a book regarding C/C++/XLL/Excel, you might be
interested in "Financial Applications Using Excel C/C++" and "Excel Add-In
Development In C/C++". I worked on a large project with the author of
these books. He is a very smart guy and writes quite well. Search Amazon for
"Steve Dalton" and you find his books.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson