Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how do i automate parsing a workbook

i have to parse out tabs from a workbook every month. is there a way to
automate that parsing in a macro? i am not a programmer. thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It is certainly possible, but you'd need to provide a LOT more detail.

"emme" wrote in message
i have to parse out tabs from a workbook every month. is there a way to
automate that parsing in a macro? i am not a programmer. thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok. I get a workbook with about 60 tabs monthly. I have to separate several
tabs at a time not (in sequence) and copy them to a new work book that I
rename according to which tabs it contains. there are about 15 of these
workbooks. the tabs correspond to areas of responsibility and i have to then
send each workbook to the corresponding manager. Is that any clearer?

"emme" wrote in message
i have to parse out tabs from a workbook every month. is there a way to
automate that parsing in a macro? i am not a programmer. thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could begin with the following code. It doesn't do exactly what you
want, but should point you in the right direction.

Sub MoveSheets()
Dim SheetsToMove(1 To 3)
Dim WorkbookToMoveSheetsTo As Workbook

SheetsToMove(1) = "Sheet1"
SheetsToMove(2) = "Sheet3"
SheetsToMove(3) = "Sheet5"

Set WorkbookToMoveSheetsTo = Workbooks("Book3.xls")
With WorkbookToMoveSheetsTo.Worksheets
Worksheets(SheetsToMove).Move after:=.Item(.Count)
End With

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel, 10 Years