Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default reduce calculation time

To reduce the code execution time I use
..Calculation = xlManual at the beginning
and
..Calculation = xlAutomatic a the end of the code
Unfortunately, it still takes a long time because I have a lot of
calculation on several worksheets.
Is there a way I could reduce the recalculation to the changes only or to
the active worksheet?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
--
caroline
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Caroline,

ActiveSheet.Calculate

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"caroline" wrote in message ...
| To reduce the code execution time I use
| .Calculation = xlManual at the beginning
| and
| .Calculation = xlAutomatic a the end of the code
| Unfortunately, it still takes a long time because I have a lot of
| calculation on several worksheets.
| Is there a way I could reduce the recalculation to the changes only or to
| the active worksheet?
| Any help would be appreciated.
| Thanks
| --
| caroline

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

very simple indeed.
but can I also reduce the Calculation = xlManual to the active sheet.
because otherwise once I trigger Calculation = xlManual to all sheets, even
if I do
ActiveSheet.Calculate, Excel is still waiting for me to trigger F9 by
displaying calculate. (I do not want the users to ahve to worry about that).
Thanks
--
caroline

"Niek Otten" wrote:

Hi Caroline,

ActiveSheet.Calculate

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"caroline" wrote in message ...
| To reduce the code execution time I use
| .Calculation = xlManual at the beginning
| and
| .Calculation = xlAutomatic a the end of the code
| Unfortunately, it still takes a long time because I have a lot of
| calculation on several worksheets.
| Is there a way I could reduce the recalculation to the changes only or to
| the active worksheet?
| Any help would be appreciated.
| Thanks
| --
| caroline

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Caroline,

I don't think that can be done.

I think you should take a look at Charles William's site:

www.decisionmodels.com

where you can find all about Excel's calculation mechanisms and performance issues

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel