Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Me Me is offline

Default cutting entire rows based on conditions and moving to new tab

I have a work opportunities spreadsheet that I am designing. I have many
fields such as date of opportunity, sales type, customer name, month
sale will close, sale value etc.

At the moment, I enter all data into the current month tab(october) then
work my way through each category adding my data until I finally
select the month the sale will close. If I select the sale to close in
november, i want the data from that opportunity to automatically move to
the november tab and delete from the october tab.

Example:

Date of Opp, cust name, sale type, sale close date

If I select from a drop down validation list a sale close date of
November for example.

I want to have the spreadsheet Automatically select that entire row for
that opportunity and move it into the november opportunities tab
automatically, instead of having to move this manually each day. I also
want the row from the original October tab where this data was initially
entered to be deleted from the october tab and to only remain in the new
november tab.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I wouldn't move the column instead have the data displayed or not display
depending on the month selected.

In a master worksheet put the month in a fixed cell location. For each
month add a if function testing the month number against the worksheet month.

for October (month 10) put in this function. Replace 10 with corrresponding
month for each tab.
=if(sheet1!$A$1= 10, put your formula here,"")

"Me" wrote:

I have a work opportunities spreadsheet that I am designing. I have many
fields such as date of opportunity, sales type, customer name, month
sale will close, sale value etc.

At the moment, I enter all data into the current month tab(october) then
work my way through each category adding my data until I finally
select the month the sale will close. If I select the sale to close in
november, i want the data from that opportunity to automatically move to
the november tab and delete from the october tab.

Example:

Date of Opp, cust name, sale type, sale close date