Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help! Jumping ListViews!

I'm writing some code on a userform that uses listview boxes.

Strangely the following code make the listview move around the form;

ListView1.Visible = False
ListView1.ListItems.Clear
ListView1.Visible = True

Can anyone else repeat this, and is there a workaround? (Obviously the
program is more complicated than this but it needs to selectively
hide listviews, change them and reveal them based on changing customer
selections).

Thanks everyone!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Listview control v6 in xl2007 does the same for me.

It is the Clear action that causes the control to move.

If the control is visible and I clear it, it does not move. If it is not
visible and I clear it then it does move

What is even more curious is that the Left and Top values are not changed!

Do not know why?

Nigel

"Duncan" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm writing some code on a userform that uses listview boxes.

Strangely the following code make the listview move around the form;

ListView1.Visible = False
ListView1.ListItems.Clear
ListView1.Visible = True

Can anyone else repeat this, and is there a workaround? (Obviously the
program is more complicated than this but it needs to selectively
hide listviews, change them and reveal them based on changing customer
selections).

Thanks everyone!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 22 Oct, 13:56, "Nigel" wrote:
Listview control v6 in xl2007 does the same for me.

It is the Clear action that causes the control to move.

If the control is visible and I clear it, it does not move. If it is not
visible and I clear it then it does move

What is even more curious is that the Left and Top values are not changed!

Do not know why?

Nigel

"Duncan" wrote in message

ups.com...

I'm writing some code on a userform that uses listview boxes.

Strangely the following code make the listview move around the form;

ListView1.Visible = False
ListView1.ListItems.Clear
ListView1.Visible = True

Can anyone else repeat this, and is there a workaround? (Obviously the
program is more complicated than this but it needs to selectively
hide listviews, change them and reveal them based on changing customer
selections).

Thanks everyone!

Thanks Nigel; yes setting the top and left values has no effect as
they become ignored. For future usenet reference after a bit of
fiddling I found a workaround;

ListView1.Visible = False
ListView1.ListItems.Clear
ListView1.Visible = True
ListView1.Visible = False 'extra command
ListView1.Visible = True 'extra command

This seems to do the trick. :o)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It does the same thing in xl2003. My listview control has checkboxes and
these blank out as well. I will try your solution below.

Thanks
Anthony

"Duncan" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 22 Oct, 13:56, "Nigel" wrote:
Listview control v6 in xl2007 does the same for me.

It is the Clear action that causes the control to move.

If the control is visible and I clear it, it does not move. If it is not
visible and I clear it then it does move

What is even more curious is that the Left and Top values are not
changed!

Do not know why?

Nigel

ups.com...