Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help creating a form that will pre-fill from another worksheet

Im not even sure if Im on the right track €“ but I was told to get this
done, so here goes :).

I created a form on the first sheet of the workbook and the data on the
second sheet. I was able to use data validation to load the data from the
second sheet into the fields on the form, however, that will require the user
to select the data from each field. I need the user to select one key field
and the data for that customer load automatically into every field, then the
user can complete the remainder of the form.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think I would probably use a UserForm with a ListBox or ComboBox so the
user could click on a selection from the control's list. Then in the click
event code, I would set up an algorithm that said if the control value = ABC
then
Range A = Var1
Range B = Var2
etc.

The variables Var1 - Varn would be keyed to the customer data for the ranges
on the form.

Just an idea of one way to do it.

"SDMik" wrote:

Im not even sure if Im on the right track €“ but I was told to get this
done, so here goes :).

I created a form on the first sheet of the workbook and the data on the
second sheet. I was able to use data validation to load the data from the
second sheet into the fields on the form, however, that will require the user
to select the data from each field. I need the user to select one key field
and the data for that customer load automatically into every field, then the
user can complete the remainder of the form.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I see where you are going and I think that would work except that this user
has over 700 entries with each entry containing data for 25 fields. I'm not
sure I could begin to write the click event code for this to work.

I really appreciate your help - but I just don't have the experience.