Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ShowModal = False gives improper form paint

I wrote a very simple VB routine to call an external program the reads
and writes info from/to the workbook. Prior to running the external
program, I want to present the user with a status dialog box ("Program
Executing. Standby...") so he's knows what is happening.

I created the status Form and view it with ShowModal = True and it
presented properly. However when I set ShowModal to False to allow
the external program call while the Form is visible, the Form canvas
was whited out. I thought maybe the Form was not given sufficient
time to paint prior to launching the program. But adding a small
delay between Form show and program launch did not fix the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks Much,

SteveM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try using the Repaint method on the form before running the external app.
That should force it to redraw. Although, if it's only just been displayed
for the first time it shouldn't need to be redrawn, so that might not help.