Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default UserForm - ShowModal Error

I have a form that I want shown when editing the worksheet. I hav
ShowModal set to false. On my "main menu" you click a button and i
takes you to this UserForm that has ShowModal set to false. That par
works fine. You close the UserForm and it takes you back to the "mai
menu" When you click the button to go back to the form that ha
ShowModal set to false, it gives me the following error:

Run Time Error '401':
Can't show non-modal form when modal form is displayed.

Any help? Thanks in advance.

Bria

--
Brian Hribe
Brian Hribek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1519

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You main menu must have its show modal properties set to true.

You cannot show a non-modal form at the same time as a modal form.

You must Hide the main menu fisrt then show your non-modal form.

MainMenu.Hide
OtherForm.Show

Hope this helps.

Celtic_Avenger

--
Celtic_Avenger
Celtic_Avenger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=14101

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Brian,

In Form #1 I assume you do something like

Userform2.Show

Do you do tghe same from Form 2?

UserForm1.Show

If so, change it so that Userform1 doesn't unload or get hidden, but just
unload or hide Form 2.

--

HTH

RP

"Brian Hribek" wrote in message

I have a form that I want shown when editing the worksheet. I have
ShowModal set to false. On my "main menu" you click a button and it
takes you to this UserForm that has ShowModal set to false. That part
works fine. You close the UserForm and it takes you back to the "main
menu" When you click the button to go back to the form that has
ShowModal set to false, it gives me the following error:

Run Time Error '401':
Can't show non-modal form when modal form is displayed.

Any help? Thanks in advance.

Brian

--
Brian Hribek