Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA Broken in Excel 2007

Hi there!
I was working in an Excel VBA project. Excel suddenly went toes up. Could
not properly save the file.

Error log says critical error in VBE6.dll.

Now the "Tools-References" will not allow me to add the "Visual Basic
objects and... (sorry, forgot the rest) " reference. Help says I have to
have this reference for the VBA to run. The path at the bottom of the dialog
box is corrupt.

How can I reset the path? Is this a case of uninstall-reinstall?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The first thing I would try is to unregister and then re-register Excel with
Windows. With Excel closed, go to the Windows Start menu, choose Run and
enter:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Excel.exe" /unregserver

You may need to change the folder path to your particular installation
location. Click OK. Then, do the same thing but change /unregserver to
/regserver. If that doesn't work, try running Detect And Repair from the
Help menu.

You may also find my notes on startup diagnostics at
www.cpearson.com/Excel/StartupErrors.htm useful.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson