Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Is Paste Special HTML broken in Excel/Office 2007?

In older versions of Office, I was able to copy/paste HTML tables into Excel
(and Word), and have the format preserved... most importantly, the data
pasted in rows and columns exactly as seen in the HTML version.

In Office 2007, however, HTML tables paste in one cell in Excel (or one long
text string, in Word). Even if I use Paste Special and choose HTML, all the
data ends up in one cell and plain text. This is happening in Excel and Word
2007. Powerpoint 2007 keeps the table format but doesn't keep the formatting
(colors, fill, etc.).

Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

rather than copy/pasting into excel, try creating a web query (Data tab- get
external data - from the web) then go to the website you want in the browser
that opens and click the table you want. I don't think this will preserve
the formatting, but at least you'll avoid pasting everything into one cell
--
Anne Murray