Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Workbook protection

Hi,

I don't seem to be able to locate how I check to see if a workbook is
protected using vba.
--
Thanks for your help.
Karen53

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Karen,

As you can see from the kb article than JW indicated, there are many things
that can be protected. You mention a workbook. The workbook can only have its
structure (sheet positions) and windows (size etc) protected. workbook
protection does not protect the data. To protect the data you need to use
worksheet protection, for which there are many options (also for charts), and
you need to protect each sheet (or in your case, check each sheet).

If you go to a VBA module and type 'Protect' and then press F1 you will get
the help for the various Protect methods (workbook, worksheet and chart).
Here you can see the various things that can be protected, all of which can
be tested for being True or False.

Sean.

"Karen53" wrote:

Hi,

I don't seem to be able to locate how I check to see if a workbook is
protected using vba.
--
Thanks for your help.
Karen53