Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using Excel to download a batch of files from a website

Okay, I am lost.

I have about 300 test reports in Doc format on my the company website in a
location that can't be mapped or shared. I was hoping to write a macro in
Excel to rip through a list of filenames and copy them from the internet to a
folder of my choosing. Since I can't map the folder, it is beyond me. I have
tried searching for download and other keywords and haven't found anything I
think will apply.

This will save me hours of clicking and choosing save as. Thanks.
I don't mind doing this in a Dos Batch file if anyone knows how to access a
webdirectory via Dos.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Can you use a free FTP program such as CoreFTP to download them onto
your local drives. The import into Excel is then the easy bit!

Ant