Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel VBA : Memory Problem

Hello

I have a big worksheet and I think I have a memory problem with some
modules

Some result are very strange

I think than a module or a sheet have a limit memory size ?

How I can know the memory use by some VBA module or Sheet

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What exactly are the symptoms? What is your code? What results do you get? What makes you think it is a memory problem?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

wrote in message ups.com...

| Hello
|

| I have a big worksheet and I think I have a memory problem with some
| modules
|
| Some result are very strange
|
| I think than a module or a sheet have a limit memory size ?
|
| How I can know the memory use by some VBA module or Sheet
|

| Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Rather than check how much memory you have used. You might want to consider
how much memory is free.

At the point the think the module fails insert this code and it will tell you
how much memory is left available

MsgBox Application.MemoryFree

If this doesn't work, try it in other areas of the code

It might help

wrote:
Hello

I have a big worksheet and I think I have a memory problem with some
modules

Some result are very strange

I think than a module or a sheet have a limit memory size ?

How I can know the memory use by some VBA module or Sheet

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Rumour has it that VBA modules get flaky when they reach 64k when
exported as a text file

Have you tried codecleaner (free) by Rob bovey? Its got me out of
trouble plenty of times

http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/CodeCleaner.htm

Cheers
Simon
Blog: www.smurfonspreadsheets.net
Website: www.codematic.net Excel development, support and training

wrote:
Hello

I have a big worksheet and I think I have a memory problem with some
modules

Some result are very strange

I think than a module or a sheet have a limit memory size ?

How I can know the memory use by some VBA module or Sheet

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Unless you are using Excel 2007.

MemoryUsed, MemoryFree, etc. are no longer Properties/Methods of the
Application object (with no equivalent provided) and use of them will cause
an error.

Found that out the first time a user fired up 2007. Nice surprise. To my
knowledge it's not actually mentioned anywhere that they were intentionally
depreciated, they are simply absent from the object model.

wrote:
Hello

I have a big worksheet and I think I have a memory problem with some
modules

Some result are very strange

I think than a module or a sheet have a limit memory size ?

How I can know the memory use by some VBA module or Sheet

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

wrote:
Hello

I have a big worksheet and I think I have a memory problem with some
modules

Some result are very strange

I think than a module or a sheet have a limit memory size ?

How I can know the memory use by some VBA module or Sheet

Thanks

Hi Crowbar,
I have tried
MsgBox Application.MemoryFree
in a new work book containing only this statement and worksheet blank.

I am getting a reply msgbox with a number 1048576.

What does it mean?

Regards,
Madiya

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

wrote:
Hello

I have a big worksheet and I think I have a memory problem with some
modules

Some result are very strange

I think than a module or a sheet have a limit memory size ?

How I can know the memory use by some VBA module or Sheet

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Hi Simon

Effectively, I have a Vba Sheet over 64k ...

I try CodeCleaner

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

wrote:
Hello

I have a big worksheet and I think I have a memory problem with some
modules

Some result are very strange

I think than a module or a sheet have a limit memory size ?

How I can know the memory use by some VBA module or Sheet

Thanks

Hello

I use Excel 2007 and I try MsgBox Application.MemoryFree

I try it at different places and I have the same problem "Type
incompatibility"

In the Help file, for Application I don't found Event, property
or Methods for Memory

Thanks