Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
XP XP is offline

Default Submerge text, shading, image in cells

Using Office 2003 and Windows XP;

Is there a way to sort of submerge text, shading, or an image so that if a
user pastes data into a cell, the submerged text won't be erased? I need to
control this on a cell-by-cell basis so inserting a Background won't do it.

Any ideas?

Thanks much in advance for your assistance.