Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with CDO mail

Im using Ron DeBruins tips for CDO mail and have had great success so far.
I am not a programmer by any means (I just really enjoy learning and doing
things like this) so please excuse the dumb question€¦

Id like to have the user enter the location of a file, the file name, and
extension (i.e. C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\MyFile.pdf) in a
cell, and have that file sent as an attachment to an e-mail using
AddAttachment.

1. Is this possible? I know you can hard-code a file into the macro, but
can you do it on-the-fly like this? (I tried .AddAttachment
Sheet1.Range("c27").Value but it failed miserably.)
2. Can I attach multiple files this way?
3. Is there some code I can use to open a pop-up window to browse files
(similar to the one that opens when you use Insert Object)? Im afraid the
users wont always enter the correct path and filename.

Thanks very much.