Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Buffer Overflow

What should I do to stop my macro from crashing out with a buffer overflow? I
find that even the following simple macro will generate one:

Sub Macro1()
ActiveWorkbook.Colors(11) = RGB(0, 85, 163)
End Sub

I am running Office 2003 under XP, but I get the same with Office 2000 under
Vista

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for that. I am finding that the result is machine dependent, and has
nothing obvious to do with what else may be running at the time. I am looking
for a "fix" to skip the instruction if its going to cause a problem, or to
set buffer size to avoid it - if possible.

Does anybody understand why these things happen?