Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Buffer overflow in FileSearch?

Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of files that the
FileSearch object can return? I have a fairly large number of folders in a
directory to look through (+23,000), and then to look through the sub folders
in order to run the process. Everything works fine, sometime, until maybe on
iteration number 5500, or so, and then acts like there is no ODBC connection.
The process is looking for files of a certain criteria and returns a simple
'yes' or 'no'. The code runs fairly slow so I'm thinking of switching to a
FileSystemObject, but for now it works (codes) easy since it can
automatically search through sub-folders easily. In any case, when the code
stops plodding along (with some yes's and some no's) and then goes really
fast with nothing but no's, I know something's up, so I stop the process,
save and close the file, and tweak the code to start at the last know good
place (the last yes).

So, my question is, is there a small memory leak in FileSearch? I can post
the code here if you want, bu i wanted to just throw this out first.

Thanks.